Hubert Davis & the Season Travelers
j***@gmail.com
2013-10-29 19:33:58 UTC
I grew up with Hubert's grandkids. Hubert, Ruby, & Shelby babysat me =) We refer to each other as brothers and sisters. I used to dance behind the curtain at their shows while my momma waited tables. If you would truly like some of their music, I can get it.
Subject: Hubert Davis & the Season Travelers
Newsgroups: rec.music.country.old-time
Does anyone remember the old Bluegrass Inn and Wind in the Willows in
Nashville where Hubert Davis and The Season Travelers played? I am looking
for some of their recordings.
"Wednesday....Thursday.....Friday.....and Saturday night...every week that
rolls around, right at the Bluegrass Inn. If you like our friends you tell
em about it, if not, then keep your mouth shut. Every things gonna be
alright!"
-- the late great Hubert Davis
Look forward to bumping into another Season Traveler
Michael Reader
bellwethergroup.com
j***@money99.com
2014-08-12 02:04:39 UTC
If there is ANYONE that can get me the music of HUBERT DAVIS & THE SEASON TRAVELLERS, I am willing to pay for it. I bought a CASSETTE TAPE from them in 1974 at EARL SNEED's BLUEGRASS INN, and they played FOX ON THE RUN better than anyone in the world. I'd love to hear that again!!! Please reply to ***@Money99.com or call 404.373.6000. God Bless Hubert Davis!!!
t***@hotmail.com
2014-09-01 16:39:16 UTC
yes, banjo player Earl Sneed founded the BGI. Hubert Davis bought the bar from him....
go to their web site to purchase all available music:

hubertdavisandtheseasontravelers.com
k***@gmail.com
2014-09-11 01:58:31 UTC
I had so much fun at The Bluegrass Inn years ago. Now I travel to Nashville often & would like to find where the BG Inn & the Wind in the Willows were located. Does anyone know those addresses? (or can describe where they were?)
r***@aol.com
2015-01-04 16:22:00 UTC
Earl played music with my brother in law (Miami,Fl) He had moved to Nashville and Earl moved there later and was staying with my BIL when he opened the BGI. I moved to Nashville in Jan 1972 and the BGI had not been open very long. My BIL and sister would go and help Earl and Judy out on Fri nites and I went there several times. The BGI was located on Broadway just before the triangle where Broadway and Division and 21 ave S run together. It would have been probbably between 20th and 21 ave S. Mabe 19 and 20th. At that time there was a Korean Grocery there and in the rear there had been a laundry at one time. The BGI was in that old laundry. I think it was all one building. There was a gravel area around the BGI and Vanderbilt was just a block or so away and easy walk for the students. The ones old enough to drink use to come there a lot. I don't think that building is there anymore. I don't get up to Nashville alot. After a few years I moved back to Miami
r***@aol.com
2015-01-12 02:44:11 UTC
g***@gmail.com
2016-05-03 04:20:56 UTC
hello there I don't know if this google group message is still an active one. Earl was my cousin if you have any stories about him i'd like to know more about him. My grandfather Robert Snow Griffin also known as "Dude" Griffin moved out to Nashville with Earl at one point according to my grandmother. I even own an old vinyl record that Earl recorded at one point
w***@lighttube.net
2017-05-08 04:36:27 UTC
Actually the original location was on Lyle Avenue next to a grocery store before moving to the 2nd location
d***@gmail.com
2020-05-26 20:59:10 UTC
I am 23 years late to this. My brother and sister’s biological mother was Ingrid Fowler. Can I contact you please??