Knotty Pine Band at Folk Night
David Dalton
2015-01-14 03:11:22 UTC
This Wednesday, January 14, 9--11:30 p.m., at Folk Night
at The Ship Pub in St. John's, Newfoundland, the
headliners are Knotty Pine Band. Cover is $5, there
are door prizes, there is an open mic set between the
two headline sets, and open mic performers get a
free beer. Also the kitchen is open until 8 p.m.

Here is the blurb on Knotty Pine Band from nflolk.com :

Four time CCMA Award winning Guitarist Craig Young,
multi instrumentalist Leeland Wareham and bassist Bob Pike
perform acoustic Country / Bluegrass music with a downhome touch.
Playing a combination of original songs,
traditional favorites and energetic instrumentals,
Knotty Pine are sure to delight !

Sorry for the short notice. Next week (Jan.21)
the headliner is Dave Panting.
"Far across the moonbeam I know that's who you are,
I saw your brown eyes turning once to fire." (Neil Young)
David Dalton
2015-01-15 04:43:36 UTC
Post by David Dalton
This Wednesday, January 14, 9--11:30 p.m., at Folk Night
at The Ship Pub in St. John's, Newfoundland, the
headliners are Knotty Pine Band. Cover is $5, there
are door prizes, there is an open mic set between the
two headline sets, and open mic performers get a
free beer. Also the kitchen is open until 8 p.m.
Four time CCMA Award winning Guitarist Craig Young,
multi instrumentalist Leeland Wareham and bassist Bob Pike
perform acoustic Country / Bluegrass music with a downhome touch.
Playing a combination of original songs,
traditional favorites and energetic instrumentals,
Knotty Pine are sure to delight !
They were very good even though it was only their
second gig together.

Also between their two sets there was
an open mic set with two storytellers (Dave Paddon
and Harry Ingram), a fiddler (Tatsu Oki), and
Andrea Monroe and Darren Browne playing together.
It was a fine evening of entertainment definitely
worth the $5 cover. While there I had three
pints of Storm Irish Red spread over three hours.
"Peaches in the summertime, apples in the fall
If I can¹t have you all the time, I won¹t have none at all" (G. Welch)