Howdy Forrester and Slim Rutland?
d***@panix.com
2012-01-13 20:36:02 UTC
Short and sweet: years ago I heard a recording of what sounded like a
radio program featuring these two. Pieces included a brief 'Fire on the
Mountain', 'Mockingbird' and an unbelievable version of 'Ida Red'.

Web-searching leads me to conclude this was on Tri-Agle-Far TR 710.

Any suggestions that might lead to my obtaining a copy?

Thanks much!

DD
munichbanjoreinhard
2012-01-15 17:10:38 UTC
Hi DD,

I dont't have Tri-Agle-Fair TR 110 but the now OOP Kanawha LP 601 Twin
Fiddling Country Style - Georgia Slim
Rutland - Big Howdy Forrester with this titles:
Flop Eared Mule
Devil's Dream
Alabama Jubilee
Ida Red
Mocking Bird
Fire On The Mountain
Katy Hill
Dusty Miller
Polly Put The Kettle On
Cindy
Beaumont Rag
Ricker's Hornpipe

I think this LP was reissued as CD Tri Agle Fair TR 110 some years ago
and has the tunes you are looking for!
If you want to get a download link to the digitalised LP from me
please send me an e-mail to gress[at]badw.de.

Best regards,

Banjoreinhard
from Munich, Germany
d***@panix.com
2012-01-15 20:49:58 UTC
In article <a62e9054-fe73-46da-9e53-***@hs8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
munichbanjoreinhard <***@badw.de> wrote:

[snip]
Post by munichbanjoreinhard
If you want to get a download link to the digitalised LP from me
please send me an e-mail to gress[at]badw.de.
Request complied with.

Thanks much!

DD