Brown's Ferry
Tony Russell
2011-11-08 18:44:34 UTC
A friend asks: "Where is the original Brown's Ferry of the song 'Brown's
Ferry Blues' and the group name Brown's Ferry Four? Google gives several
different locations for a Brown's Ferry. Any idea which it is?"

It's a reasonable guess that the BF Four took their name from the Delmore
Brothers' hit record, since the Delmores were early members of the quartet,
but can anyone identify which BF the hit record alludes to?

TR
Tony Russell
2011-11-08 19:37:36 UTC
Following up on my own question: the answer is in Alton Delmore's
autobiography. His father operated a cotton gin on Brown's Ferry Road in
Limestone County, AL, where the brothers grew up.

TR

TR
Lyle Lofgren
2011-11-09 15:39:40 UTC
Post by Tony Russell
Following up on my own question: the answer is in Alton Delmore's
autobiography. His father operated a cotton gin on Brown's Ferry Road in
Limestone County, AL, where the brothers grew up.
TR
On 8/11/11 18:44, in article
From a previous life (i.e., the working type), I was familiar with the Brown's Ferry Nuclear Power Plants in Alabama, so I always assumed the Blues were about the same (albeit pre-nuclear) Brown's Ferry. But it's always good to have your assumptions verified. Thanks, Tony.
Lyle (happily retired)