REQ: spring of '65 lyrics
s***@gmail.com
2018-11-19 00:29:39 UTC
I am trying to remember all of the lyrics to a song recorded by Banjo
Bill Cornett, I think, for Folkways many years ago. It does not appear
I woke up the morning in the spring of '65
I thought myself quite lucky to be found alive
I geared up my mule, my business to pursue
Instead of hauling four loads, I only hauled two.
It goes on to talk about a drunken evening at a ball.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Rick
http://world.std.com/~ricklee/
The Holy Modal Rounders sang a version of this song on one of their records. It was always a favorite of mine when they were in Portland Oregon in the 70's. If you google their name and the song I think you can get a uTube of them singing it - a bit different from the lyrics posted.
s***@gmail.com
2018-11-19 00:31:18 UTC
https://www.google.com/search?q=spring+of+65+holy+modal+rounders+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1