Trying to find words to an old song
f***@gmail.com
2014-04-05 00:45:17 UTC
My Daddy use to sing an old old song that we can't find. We've heard
it sung in an old western movie, in a Tom & Jerry cartoon, and once on
the radio. I have no idea how to spell these words but I'll sound
Kyman Nero Captain Kero - ribo licktum simalictum bowl meal kymeo
don't laugh - that's as close as I can get - anyone recognize it?
Thanks,
Pam
Went something like this (don't laugh)
My older sisters had me memorize this. No idea how to spell it.

Kiamo, nero, Captain Cairo, Stream, Strattle on the diddle Da, Ricked on the bottomy Ciamo.

Why on earth did they have me memorize this. One sister has died and the other is 95 and can't remember why she had me learn this.

Flo
Ryan McNabb
2014-04-30 20:03:02 UTC
The classic Gary Cooper film "Sergeant York" starts with a mailman riding into the valley singing this song...
w***@bigpond.com
2015-04-28 09:00:29 UTC
My grandmother used to sing the same song, I made up words ( actually nonsense) to sing to a tune so that it fit. I can still hear nan in my head. I'm sure it's the same I would love to know what it is too.
j***@aol.com
2015-08-23 02:24:25 UTC
my grandad sang it to us also in the 1950s .... looking for info, like you are ....
j***@aol.com
2015-08-23 02:32:53 UTC
Reading all these responses--- Hinton was my grandad's last name .... mentioned in response above .... he was raised in southwestern Oklahoma ....
j***@aol.com
2015-08-23 02:37:09 UTC
Post by j***@aol.com
Post by j***@aol.com
my grandad sang it to us also in the 1950s .... looking for info, like you are ....
Reading all these responses--- Hinton was my grandad's last name .... mentioned in response above .... he was raised in southwestern Oklahoma ....
The crude spelling of words as I remember ------

"Kie-mo nero, delph and sero, kie-mo nero ....
Tum a rig tum, pop goes a little boat a latchtum, a rigtum a bully midee kie-mo"
s***@gmail.com
2016-01-02 03:48:51 UTC
My Daddy use to sing an old old song that we can't find. We've heard
it sung in an old western movie, in a Tom & Jerry cartoon, and once on
the radio. I have no idea how to spell these words but I'll sound
Kyman Nero Captain Kero - ribo licktum simalictum bowl meal kymeo
don't laugh - that's as close as I can get - anyone recognize it?
Thanks,
Pam
my mom, recently passed at 92, was trying to remember an old song - she wrote the following;

Keemo Kymo Daro Ware
Kang Thang puppy doodle
suppa beg a penny winkle
milk in the dairy nine days old
suppa beg a penny winkle kymo
s***@gmail.com
2016-01-02 03:51:54 UTC
My Daddy use to sing an old old song that we can't find. We've heard
it sung in an old western movie, in a Tom & Jerry cartoon, and once on
the radio. I have no idea how to spell these words but I'll sound
Kyman Nero Captain Kero - ribo licktum simalictum bowl meal kymeo
don't laugh - that's as close as I can get - anyone recognize it?
Thanks,
Pam
My mom,who passed recently at 92, was trying to remember the words to a childhood song and she wrote the following;

Keemo Kymo Daro Wae
Kang Tang Puppy Doodle
dancesynergy

Chris
2016-01-03 00:28:29 UTC
My Daddy use to sing an old old song that we can't find. We've heard
it sung in an old western movie, in a Tom & Jerry cartoon, and once on
the radio. I have no idea how to spell these words but I'll sound
Kyman Nero Captain Kero - ribo licktum simalictum bowl meal kymeo
don't laugh - that's as close as I can get - anyone recognize it?
Thanks,
Pam
my mom, recently passed at 92, was trying to remember an old song - she
wrote the following;
Keemo Kymo Daro Ware
Kang Thang puppy doodle
suppa beg a penny winkle
milk in the dairy nine days old
suppa beg a penny winkle kymo
Well,

Kymo keemo kymo kee,
Way down yonder in a hollow tree,
With an owl and a bat and a bumble bee,
Kymo kitchee kitchee ky-me-o.

is one variant of the chorus to an old, old folksong that goes back to
Elizabethan England, "Frog Went A-Courting," or "The Frog's Courtship,"
or "Sir Frog," or just "Froggy." Here's Chubby Parker's version,
recorded in the 1920s:

I did notice the original query was dated 2002! And then that you can't respond to posts by email! Is anyone still reading this list?

Chris
d***@panix.com
2016-01-03 20:18:41 UTC
In article <85718d7a-0a5a-44e3-9e16-***@googlegroups.com>,
Chris <***@tributaries.info> wrote:

[snip]
Post by Chris
Is anyone still reading this list?
No! Now keep it quiet up there, some folks have to work in the morning.

DD
r***@icloud.com
2017-07-04 18:02:47 UTC
Song is titled Kitty Wells & is about the darkies , first line of song "You ask what make the darkie cry "
John Albert
2017-07-05 03:20:34 UTC
http://web.lyon.edu/wolfcollection/songs/riddlekitty1259.html
j***@gmail.com
2018-03-22 12:47:02 UTC
Sounds like what my mother sang to me as a boy. It was the usual Froggy Went a Courtin’ verses, but each line was followed by “Rink tum boddy mitch ee kahm bo,” and the chorus was:

Kahm a Nero down to Cairo,
Kahm a Nero Cai-ro
Straddy laddy laddy
Bob a laddy bob a link tum.