Man of Constant Sorrow?
b***@gmail.com
2014-10-09 21:26:57 UTC
Hi folks --
Does anyone have any background information on "Man of Constant Sorrow?" I
know it's public domain but the song has a decidedly 20th century feel to
it. The Stanley Brothers seem to have the definitive version, but I think I
recall that there are earlier recordings. Was it always so jaunty? We have
a slowed-down version on our mp3.com site: http://www.mp3.com/mountainsoul.
Can anyone provide information as to this song's origins?
.---. ___________
|===|////SEE/////\ All my best,
| ////ROCK////[]\ Shawn "We thought you wuz a toad" Kimbro
| ////CITY////|__|\
| ^|^^^^^^^^^^| | The Mountain Soul Band
|__ |___[X]____|__| http://www.mp3.com/mountainsoul
Fiddle Fiction: http://www.geocities.com/trailzzone/hog.html
Hi there,

I'm trying to make sure Man of Constant Sorrow is public domain. Does anyone know where I can definitely prove this?

Thanks!
Alexander Moreau
2022-11-08 07:19:14 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Hi folks --
Does anyone have any background information on "Man of Constant Sorrow?" I
know it's public domain but the song has a decidedly 20th century feel to
it. The Stanley Brothers seem to have the definitive version, but I think I
recall that there are earlier recordings. Was it always so jaunty? We have
a slowed-down version on our mp3.com site: http://www.mp3.com/mountainsoul.
Can anyone provide information as to this song's origins?
.---. ___________
|===|////SEE/////\ All my best,
| ////ROCK////[]\ Shawn "We thought you wuz a toad" Kimbro
| ^|^^^^^^^^^^| | The Mountain Soul Band
|__ |___[X]____|__| http://www.mp3.com/mountainsoul
Fiddle Fiction: http://www.geocities.com/trailzzone/hog.html
Hi there,
I'm trying to make sure Man of Constant Sorrow is public domain. Does anyone know where I can definitely prove this?
Thanks!
Wow, I am a Spanish-speaking writer and going through this song and its variations along decades and artists and all I find here is of a big value. Thanks.