Amelia Earhart song
edju
2007-05-20 00:21:47 UTC
Googled, but couldn't find anything. Lyrics, artist, date? Anyone? Or,
dare I hope, an mp3?

"Here's to you, Amelia Earhart, the wondrous first lady of the air."

That's all I remember. Thanks.
Peter Feldmann
2007-05-20 01:15:24 UTC
Post by edju
Googled, but couldn't find anything. Lyrics, artist, date? Anyone? Or,
dare I hope, an mp3?
Maybe you need to use a computer when you Google.

Try the words: "Amelia Earhart" and song. It comes right up for me.

===================
http://www.BlueGrassWest.com
David Sanderson
2007-05-20 14:55:34 UTC
Post by Peter Feldmann
Post by edju
Googled, but couldn't find anything. Lyrics, artist, date? Anyone? Or,
dare I hope, an mp3?
Maybe you need to use a computer when you Google.
Try the words: "Amelia Earhart" and song. It comes right up for me.
The recording everyone knows about is by Red River Dave, and is common
enough that it should be around somewhere.
--
David Sanderson
East Waterford, Maine

***@adelphia.net
http://www.dwsanderson.com
unknown
2007-05-20 16:02:45 UTC
Post by edju
Googled, but couldn't find anything. Lyrics, artist, date? Anyone? Or,
dare I hope, an mp3?
"Here's to you, Amelia Earhart, the wondrous first lady of the air."
That's all I remember. Thanks.
"Amelia Earhart's Last Flight" by D. McEnery, copyright 1940 by Stasny
Music Corp. Recorded by the Greenbriar Boys and the New Lost City Ramblers.

Conrad
g***@comporium.net
2007-05-20 18:31:41 UTC
Post by edju
Googled, but couldn't find anything. Lyrics, artist, date? Anyone? Or,
dare I hope, an mp3?
"Here's to you, Amelia Earhart, the wondrous first lady of the air."
That's all I remember. Thanks.
My "Rise Up Singing" Book lists the Song "Amelia Earhart's Last
Flight," which includes "Happy landings to you Amelia Earhart.
Farewell, first lady of the air." It lists several albums, but I
could find 'em on amazon. I did find "The Yodelling Cowboy Sings
"Amelia Earhart's Last Flight"" by Red River Dave. Here's the link.

http://www.amazon.com/Yodelling-Cowboy-Amelia-Earharts-Flight/dp/B0007W0LM8/ref=sr_1_1/002-4356995-5466417?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1179685525&sr=1-1

John
Bill in Alexandria
2007-05-26 21:04:54 UTC
Charley Waller and the Country Gentleman recorded it back in the 60s.
His son Randy probably plays it, as do many bluegrass performers paying
tribute to Charley, who died a few years ago.
Bill
That's all I remember. Thanks.
t***@yahoo.com
2007-05-28 19:53:36 UTC
Post by edju
Googled, but couldn't find anything. Lyrics, artist, date? Anyone? Or,
dare I hope, an mp3?
"Here's to you, Amelia Earhart, the wondrous first lady of the air."
That's all I remember. Thanks.
Here's some tablature:

Mandolin tablature: http://www.traditionalmusic.co.uk/mandolin-tab/Amelia_Earharts_Last_Flight.htm

Guitar tablature is on: http://www.traditionalmusic.co.uk/songs-tab/Amelia_Earharts_Last_Flight.htm

I use "Rise Up Singing" for lyrics. A very popular song for old-time
traditional musicians who don't mind creeping into the twentieth
century.

Hope this helps ya.
a***@gmail.com
2017-07-28 20:32:01 UTC